Welcome to issue #11 of LifeTiles
New ideas and projects, with lots of inspirations from the ever-changing world of design. This month we take a look at Paris to discover the new trends, then we will find out about how to give a special touch to the kitchen, thanks to the mythical 1950s.
summer, we also make some suggestions for exploiting the terrace and green areas of the home all year round. Finally, we treat ourselves to a weekend in a fantastic and unconventional city of art.
– Let’s discover together the MAISON&OBJET 2019 French Show;
– Vintage kitchen? Long live the 1950s;
– Learning how to enjoy external areas all year round;
– Spending a different weekend; let’s discover Pistoia together.
With the start of the new year, January always brings with it a desire for renewal from the inside out, adding an extra touch of style to the home too. So this month we’ve decided to offer a collection of the finest inspirations to make our living spaces a little more lagom, as the Swedish say, with a perfect blend of harmony, simplicity and a cosy, enveloping ambience.
Take a look at our selection: you’ll find some great new ideas to bring an on-trend touch of character to your home.
– The new geometric style for striking finishes;
– Stone inspiration for a contemporary Milan-style effect;
– The Pantone colour of the year is a tribute to optimism: welcome Living Coral;
– The snow season is here, bringing with it the desire for a skiing holiday.
December means Christmas, the most magic and long-awaited moment of the year. A time to be surrounded by family, or to give yourself a romantic holiday or holiday with friends, to interrupt the winter and recharge for the upcoming year. There are numerous destinations to make the end of 2018 unique and to celebrate the start of 2019.
This month we propose some special destinations, let yourself be inspired by our suggestions and find the perfect location for the holiday you deserve.
– Christmas magic in the mountains;
– Give yourself a week-end in a city of Byzantine art;
– A chic and trendy New Year’s Eve in Sofia;
– The charms of Apulia during the Christmas period.
A month of transition, in which autumn fills our eyes with new colours and delicate light, as we all get ready for the chilly season. November is the time when we all discover our homes again, enjoy spending time in every room and look forward once again to bringing a fresh touch of character to our surroundings, embracing new shades of colour and materials.
This month, join us to discover:
– Designer lamps that light up spaces;
– Modern settings with a Fifties inspiration: presenting the Liquida collection;
– The Shelf project, selected for the ADI DESIGN INDEX 2018;
– Interior design inspiration from Instagram.
Time to reorganise the home, designing and arranging new spaces on the wings of the creative inspirations picked up at Cersaie, the International Exhibition of Ceramic Tile and Bathroom Furnishings that has just closed its doors in Bologna after providing a host of fresh, new ideas.
Lots of new trends, materials and innovative sizes to choose from, offering bespoke solutions to fall in love with for all your settings. Modern, minimal, ethnic, vintage, or a mix of the various trends, offering all sorts of options to make sure our living spaces are a reflection of who we are.
In this issue, we’ll be taking a look at:
– Ceramica Fioranese: cross over with style;
– Live from Cersaie: Ceramiche Coem;
– Focus on the home: creating a smooth transition from indoors to outdoors;
– Vintage mood for a designer furnishing look.
September has arrived, bringing with it a yearning for new things in the home and elsewhere. New trends, materials and finishes to refresh our living spaces. And what could be than spending a day in Bologna, the design capital of Italy and the world, for the Cersaie exhibition? Many events and shows will bring alive the city with the largest number of porticoes in the world, passing through its squares, eating in the famous trattorias, but also discovering its more modern and contemporary side, thanks to the Museum of contemporary art and the numerous vernissage exhibitions on display in the art galleries in the city centre.
September for LifeTiles is:
– At last it’s time for Cersaie: a guide to the unmissable event dedicated to the world of ceramics and design;
– The fifth edition of the ADI Ceramics & Bathroom Design Award at Cersaie 2018 is here;
– A visit to “That’s IT!” the contemporary art exhibition hosted in the MAMbo;
– Discover the new website of Ceramiche Coem and get ready to redesign your home with Green, sustainable products.
Heat, sun and the sound of the cicadas. August is the month of holidays, the month to spend time with your family, your friends but also taking a little time for yourself to make projects for the future. August is the best summer month for eating outdoors, to fully inhabit all the outdoor spaces of the home, from the garden to the terrace using flowers to decorate our homes and tables. It is also the month when we plan the things to do in September, dedicating ourselves to our passions such as design and interior design.
Discover this month:
– What are the design items that can be used for an unforgettable picnic
– Discover who the Floral Gurus are on Instagram
– September is on its way, get ready for the Bologna design week
– Meet architect Paolo Benevelli, “Shelf” designer and winner of the prestigious ADI Ceramics & Bathroom Design Award
The long-awaited summer is the period in which to enjoy long evenings, often staying up late, with aperitifs in the company of friends, and then to escape and recover your energy in wonderful “design” spas. Summer is also the time for new projects for reorganizing spaces, perhaps repainting the walls with trendier colours or radically changing the coverings, choosing iconic tiles like the Cementine.
Discover with us:
– Aperitifs in the city, a must for the summer
– The best spas for spending some time dedicated to wellness and design
– An interview with designer Silva Stanzani
– How to change the colour of the walls with the help of an APP
The best month of the year: a desire for change, a desire to give your home a new look, with lots of furnishing ideas coming from the Salone del Mobile 2018… and as you now, sometimes all it takes is a designer piece to turn around a setting and bring an original touch to it, or maybe just bring a little greenery indoors, but in a trendy way. Lots of solutions and possible choices, so why not think them over at your leisure, perhaps during a romantic weekend?
Join us to discover how June is all about design and nature:
– Furnishing your home with vertical gardens;
– Enjoying a romantic weekend, breathing in the fresh air by candlelight;
– Get some inspiration from the coolest design exhibition of the moment in Milan;
– Give your bathroom a new Cementine look with special furnishings
A new season has begun, and with it comes a desire to explore and visit places, meet people, discover new places and routes, change and reconstruct settings to express your creativity.
In the May edition, you’ll have the chance to discover:
– the new website dedicated to the Cementine, a timeless style icon;
– a few interesting addresses in Rome for culture and design;
– our first report on the cocktail party organised by Ceramiche Coem and SCIC Italia;
– how to furnish your garden or terrace like a sitting room.
Spring is the symbol of rebirth, and this years it brings LifeTiles, the digital magazine by Ceramiche Coem and Ceramica Fioranese.
Discover a new approach to ceramics: every month, you’ll find new ideas and inspirations for your home, your life and your wellbeing.
In the April edition, we’ll be telling you about:
– new social trends;
– the Salone del Mobile and the Fuorisalone in Milan, with a particular focus on the Frida Kahlo exhibition;
– Paris and its design scene, just a click away;
– the importance of making choices in harmony with nature for the outdoor areas of your home;
– Slenaken is an alternative destination for early spring.