Welcome to issue #19 of LifeTiles
For interior design, autumn means new trends and a hunger for change. Bologna has just hosted the 2019 edition of Cersaie, presenting lots of interesting new ideas. The International Exhibition of Ceramic Tile and Bathroom Furnishings again this year invited architects, designers and retailers to exhibit the most innovative products of Italian and foreign ceramic companies. Let’s discover together which trends will soon enter our homes and commercial areas.
Welcome to issue #18 of LifeTiles
Lots of new developments are coming in the autumn, but September means, first of all, Cersaie.
Attention is once more focused on the international Ceramics for Architecture event held in Bologna from 23 to 27 September: there will be many previews dedicated to ceramic surfaces and everything relating to the world of bathroom furnishing. Let’s get ready, therefore, to renew our residential and commercial spaces, making sure to visit one of the most important events of 2019.
Welcome to issue #17 of LifeTiles
The holiday season has arrived at last, which means relaxing and having fun, lots of opportunities for socialising, organising parties and enjoying the beautiful weather and balmy summer evenings. This month, we will learn how to furnish our spaces with pastel shades that brighten up our homes, and how to organize an unforgettable pool party.
Welcome to issue #16 of LifeTiles
Summer: longing for holidays and relaxing in special places. This month we propose two solutions for personalising your homes at the sea or in the city, making them unique places, also in the particular nuances. Blue has always been the protagonist of the hot season for interior design, in all its shades…or maybe not? Why not, instead, opt for a more natural palette of elegant beige and greys shades?
Let’s find out together!
Welcome to issue #15 of LifeTiles
The warm season has finally arrived, increasing the desire to live outdoors; the absolute protagonists of this month are, of course, gardens, balconies and terraces, special and essential parts of our homes. This month we have selected a number of really special Fioranese collections to make your outdoor areas unique; moreover, outdoor installation is no problem thanks to Coem: do you know how?
Some useful tips are given below
Welcome to issue #14 of LifeTiles
Contemporary interior design has many facets, some with more natural, elegant tones and finishes, others with more graphic, colourful, pop styles. All sorts of options to choose from when it comes to sizes and shades, all ready to bring a special touch to our settings. This month, find out how the green of the mountains engages with the interiors of a recently renovated hotel in one of Italy’s trendiest locations, or imagine how you could combine your favourite Cementine collections… Impossible? Prepare to be amazed by a distinctive place in Pistoia that turns the famous tiles into marvellous carpets.
Long live May, long live original design!
Welcome to issue #13 of LifeTiles
Lots of news at last! April is a month of creativity: it’s the period of the Salone del Mobile and of the FuoriSalone: events, installations and new products to enthral an extremely demanding public. Ceramics are increasingly a main feature of interior design trends, not only at the Milan Design Week, but also at the Coverings event in Orlando in the USA.
Find out how to renew your home with LifeTiles.
Welcome to issue #12 of LifeTiles
“Simplicity is the most complicated thing in the world”, according to one of Italy’s greatest architects and designers, Vico Magistretti. This month, we’ll be seeking to delve right into design and find out more about the new trends in colours and materials; we’ll be getting ready to discover the first authentic design museum, to be created in Milan; we’ll be falling in love with an Italian company that makes truly unique tables, and we’ll be learning a highly original approach to furnishing outdoor areas.
LifeTiles March edition:
– The musts in colour trends for 2019;
– 2020 will be the year of the design museum, created by Compasso d’oro;
– Design is served with Matrika;
– Designer pieces for a surprising outdoors.
New ideas and projects, with lots of inspirations from the ever-changing world of design. This month we take a look at Paris to discover the new trends, then we will find out about how to give a special touch to the kitchen, thanks to the mythical 1950s.
summer, we also make some suggestions for exploiting the terrace and green areas of the home all year round. Finally, we treat ourselves to a weekend in a fantastic and unconventional city of art.
– Let’s discover together the MAISON&OBJET 2019 French Show;
– Vintage kitchen? Long live the 1950s;
– Learning how to enjoy external areas all year round;
– Spending a different weekend; let’s discover Pistoia together.
With the start of the new year, January always brings with it a desire for renewal from the inside out, adding an extra touch of style to the home too. So this month we’ve decided to offer a collection of the finest inspirations to make our living spaces a little more lagom, as the Swedish say, with a perfect blend of harmony, simplicity and a cosy, enveloping ambience.
Take a look at our selection: you’ll find some great new ideas to bring an on-trend touch of character to your home.
– The new geometric style for striking finishes;
– Stone inspiration for a contemporary Milan-style effect;
– The Pantone colour of the year is a tribute to optimism: welcome Living Coral;
– The snow season is here, bringing with it the desire for a skiing holiday.
December means Christmas, the most magic and long-awaited moment of the year. A time to be surrounded by family, or to give yourself a romantic holiday or holiday with friends, to interrupt the winter and recharge for the upcoming year. There are numerous destinations to make the end of 2018 unique and to celebrate the start of 2019.
This month we propose some special destinations, let yourself be inspired by our suggestions and find the perfect location for the holiday you deserve.
– Christmas magic in the mountains;
– Give yourself a week-end in a city of Byzantine art;
– A chic and trendy New Year’s Eve in Sofia;
– The charms of Apulia during the Christmas period.
A month of transition, in which autumn fills our eyes with new colours and delicate light, as we all get ready for the chilly season. November is the time when we all discover our homes again, enjoy spending time in every room and look forward once again to bringing a fresh touch of character to our surroundings, embracing new shades of colour and materials.
This month, join us to discover:
– Designer lamps that light up spaces;
– Modern settings with a Fifties inspiration: presenting the Liquida collection;
– The Shelf project, selected for the ADI DESIGN INDEX 2018;
– Interior design inspiration from Instagram.
Time to reorganise the home, designing and arranging new spaces on the wings of the creative inspirations picked up at Cersaie, the International Exhibition of Ceramic Tile and Bathroom Furnishings that has just closed its doors in Bologna after providing a host of fresh, new ideas.
Lots of new trends, materials and innovative sizes to choose from, offering bespoke solutions to fall in love with for all your settings. Modern, minimal, ethnic, vintage, or a mix of the various trends, offering all sorts of options to make sure our living spaces are a reflection of who we are.
In this issue, we’ll be taking a look at:
– Ceramica Fioranese: cross over with style;
– Live from Cersaie: Ceramiche Coem;
– Focus on the home: creating a smooth transition from indoors to outdoors;
– Vintage mood for a designer furnishing look.
September has arrived, bringing with it a yearning for new things in the home and elsewhere. New trends, materials and finishes to refresh our living spaces. And what could be than spending a day in Bologna, the design capital of Italy and the world, for the Cersaie exhibition? Many events and shows will bring alive the city with the largest number of porticoes in the world, passing through its squares, eating in the famous trattorias, but also discovering its more modern and contemporary side, thanks to the Museum of contemporary art and the numerous vernissage exhibitions on display in the art galleries in the city centre.
September for LifeTiles is:
– At last it’s time for Cersaie: a guide to the unmissable event dedicated to the world of ceramics and design;
– The fifth edition of the ADI Ceramics & Bathroom Design Award at Cersaie 2018 is here;
– A visit to “That’s IT!” the contemporary art exhibition hosted in the MAMbo;
– Discover the new website of Ceramiche Coem and get ready to redesign your home with Green, sustainable products.
Heat, sun and the sound of the cicadas. August is the month of holidays, the month to spend time with your family, your friends but also taking a little time for yourself to make projects for the future. August is the best summer month for eating outdoors, to fully inhabit all the outdoor spaces of the home, from the garden to the terrace using flowers to decorate our homes and tables. It is also the month when we plan the things to do in September, dedicating ourselves to our passions such as design and interior design.
Discover this month:
– What are the design items that can be used for an unforgettable picnic
– Discover who the Floral Gurus are on Instagram
– September is on its way, get ready for the Bologna design week
– Meet architect Paolo Benevelli, “Shelf” designer and winner of the prestigious ADI Ceramics & Bathroom Design Award
The long-awaited summer is the period in which to enjoy long evenings, often staying up late, with aperitifs in the company of friends, and then to escape and recover your energy in wonderful “design” spas. Summer is also the time for new projects for reorganizing spaces, perhaps repainting the walls with trendier colours or radically changing the coverings, choosing iconic tiles like the Cementine.
Discover with us:
– Aperitifs in the city, a must for the summer
– The best spas for spending some time dedicated to wellness and design
– An interview with designer Silva Stanzani
– How to change the colour of the walls with the help of an APP
The best month of the year: a desire for change, a desire to give your home a new look, with lots of furnishing ideas coming from the Salone del Mobile 2018… and as you now, sometimes all it takes is a designer piece to turn around a setting and bring an original touch to it, or maybe just bring a little greenery indoors, but in a trendy way. Lots of solutions and possible choices, so why not think them over at your leisure, perhaps during a romantic weekend?
Join us to discover how June is all about design and nature:
– Furnishing your home with vertical gardens;
– Enjoying a romantic weekend, breathing in the fresh air by candlelight;
– Get some inspiration from the coolest design exhibition of the moment in Milan;
– Give your bathroom a new Cementine look with special furnishings
A new season has begun, and with it comes a desire to explore and visit places, meet people, discover new places and routes, change and reconstruct settings to express your creativity.
In the May edition, you’ll have the chance to discover:
– the new website dedicated to the Cementine, a timeless style icon;
– a few interesting addresses in Rome for culture and design;
– our first report on the cocktail party organised by Ceramiche Coem and SCIC Italia;
– how to furnish your garden or terrace like a sitting room.
Spring is the symbol of rebirth, and this years it brings LifeTiles, the digital magazine by Ceramiche Coem and Ceramica Fioranese.
Discover a new approach to ceramics: every month, you’ll find new ideas and inspirations for your home, your life and your wellbeing.
In the April edition, we’ll be telling you about:
– new social trends;
– the Salone del Mobile and the Fuorisalone in Milan, with a particular focus on the Frida Kahlo exhibition;
– Paris and its design scene, just a click away;
– the importance of making choices in harmony with nature for the outdoor areas of your home;
– Slenaken is an alternative destination for early spring.